The inaugural Rotorua Disc Golf Champs are happening on the weekend of January 15 & 16 2011 at the Scion Tree Nursery course in Rotorua.
'Tis the Silly Season so book your accommodation now! As many of you will remember, the good option for accommodation is the Redwoods Holiday Park which offers the opportunity to simply walk to the first tee! We have negotiated a 10% discount with Kevin and Sheryl so remember to mention the Disc Golf Discount when you book. See http://www.redwoodparkrotorua.co.nz/ or call +64-7-345 9380.
The other walk-to-the-course option is the Santa Ma
The Scion Tree Nursery Disc Golf Course is rapidly becoming a favourite for Kiwi disc golfers and international visitors. It offers a walk through a stunning park with towering Redwood Pines mixed with a vast array of New Zealand natives amoungst countless shades of green moss whilst providing players with a top class challenging round of disc golf. If you manage to par the tough first, there's the next three holes that can just as easily present you with double/triple bogies or more. The abundance of fauna which provides many opportunies of shade on a hot sunny day also serve as bunkers for all 18 holes.
CLICK HERE FOR THE MOST RECENT MAP OF THE COURSE (jpeg 1.08Mb opens in new window) - It has 12 baskets installed at present thanks to Simon Feasey and friends.
Note: this park is popular for dog and general walking. Please take care when driving and post spotters in the places we have marked on the map to ensure all is clear.
Rotorua has hosted disc golf events in the past including the New Zealand Disc Golf Nationals 2010. But this is the first of the annual disc golf tournaments on this course and includes the running for the North Island Disc Golf Championsips. It is also the first round of the 2011 New Zealand Disc Golf Tour, for a full schedule click here.
Friday January 14.
- Course setup, MTB ride. You can register at the Redwood Holiday Park in the evening if you can find Gabb (call 0220 789539).
Saturday January 15.
- 09:00am Late registration
- 09:30am Players meeting (compulsory) on the first fairway.
- 09:45am Rotorua Champs Round 1.
- 12:15pm Lunch break
- 01:15pm Rotorua Champs Round 2.
- 03:45pm Play over for the day.
Sunday January 16.
- 09:00am Players meeting (compulsory) on the first fairway.
- 09:15am Rotorua Champs Round 3 (seeded)
- 11:45am Lunch break
- 12:30pm Rotorua Champs Super 6: top six players play nine extra holes to determine final positions.
- 01:30pm Congratulate winners and trophy presentation.
Tournament Fee; $15 and includes PDGA A Tier & NZDG levy’s and insurance.
CLICK HERE FOR THE MOST RECENT MAP OF THE COURSE (jpeg 1.08Mb opens in new window)- It has 12 baskets installed at present thanks to Simon Feasey.